KM Consulting is an award-winning civil and structural engineering and environmental consultancy, and our roots stem from projects in Oil & Gas, Chemicals and Industrial Manufacturing. But did you know we are working on projects in Hydrogen, Onshore Wind Farm Cabling, Rail Decarbonisation, and also in the water industry?
As a part of Global Energy Group Capital (GEG), we’re expanding our networks with offices in Grangemouth and Runcorn.
Our business is growing, and we have exciting opportunities for talented individuals to join, develop and grow with IKM!
We provide our clients with a complete design and consultancy service developing solutions from feasibility through to detailed design.
While working for IKM you’ll have the opportunity to work on and be exposed to some exciting projects and work with some accomplished colleagues. The successful candidate will be given early responsibility for a workload that is challenging, fast paced and highly variable, including:
- You will have experience in design and delivery of industrial projects utilising steel and/or reinforced concrete, including sub-structure, from concept to detailed design
- You will have excellent communication skills liaising with both internal and external stakeholders
- You will be experienced in all stages of the design and construction process
- You will have experience in design risk management and mitigation
- Experience in the development of project proposals and input to tender submissions
- The ability to liaise with colleagues providing technical expertise to projects such as structural, geotechnical and specialist buildings engineering
- Deliver projects ensuring quality standards are adhered to and designs are value engineered and fit for purpose
- Liaise with our multidisciplinary teams (Environmental & Surveying) to provide our clients with a fully integrated approach to projects.
- Experience in the management and coordination of 3rd party suppliers
We’re looking for a candidate with the following experience and qualifications:
- Competent with Microsoft Office.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Good verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience / understanding of all stages of the design and construction process.
- Experience in site visits, checking site conditions/resolving problems with contractors.
- Prior experience writing clear and precise technical reports and comfortable presenting findings/recommendations.
- Can work to tight timescales and manage multiple projects at once.
- Full UK driving licence and the ability to attend client sites, as required.
Career Development & Growth
IKM strongly believes in continued learning and career development, and you’ll have the opportunity to continue to pursue your professional interests in technical services or to extend your wings on the IKM Management Path through our bespoke Training & Competency Programme. As an Investor in People Gold business, we are committed to offering our staff enhanced career prospects.
What can we offer
- Signing Bonus
- Flexible work patterns
- Competitive Salary
- IKM Learning & Development Programme
- Option of private healthcare
- Annual Performance Bonus Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Paid Professional Membership Fee
IKM Consulting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.