IKM Consulting Ltd is a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a wide range of services across the UK and beyond, with offices in Grangemouth. IKM’s main focus is to deliver solutions and manage risk within the industrial and commercial sectors in the UK and overseas. IKM Consulting is proud of its close relationship with its clients and has a privileged reputation for its portfolio of high-profile projects.
We are seeking a confident and technical Senior CAD Technician to strengthen our engineering team.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging environment where new and unusual projects are the norm. There is a competitive remuneration package to reflect the responsibility and level of commitment required. A full, clean driving licence is also required.
While working for IKM, you will have the opportunity to work on and be exposed to some exciting projects and work with some accomplished colleagues. The successful candidate will be given responsibility for a workload that is challenging, fast paced, and highly variable, including:
- Production of high quality, technical drawing deliverables.
- Ensuring that technical quality standards are met, and excellence of output is achieved.
- Providing technical and professional guidance, support, and development of more junior team members.
- Effective communication with other design team members, clients, and 3rd party consultants.
- Liaising with our multidisciplinary teams (Environmental & Surveying) to provide our clients with a fully integrated approach to projects.
Essential Skills / Experience:
We’re looking for a candidate with the following experience and qualifications:
- HNC or HND in Civil Engineering, or similar, with minimum 10 years’ experience as a civil / structural CAD technician.
- Comprehensive proven experience in AutoCAD and Revit (Civils 3D and CADS RC would be beneficial).
- Broad experience in civil/structural engineering design and construction.
- Experience coordinating and working with 3rd party models.
- Experience in production of General Arrangement drawings, plus steelwork and reinforced concrete detail drawings.
- Can work to tight timescales and manage multiple projects at once.
- Competent with Microsoft Office, and good communication skills.
Career Development & Growth
IKM strongly believes in continued learning and career development, and you’ll have the opportunity to continue to pursue your professional interests in technical services or to extend your wings on the IKM Management Path through our bespoke Training & Competency Programme. As an Investor in People Gold business, we are committed to offering our staff enhanced career prospects.
What can we offer
- Flexible work patterns
- Competitive Salary
- IKM Learning & Development Programme
- Option of private healthcare
- Annual Performance Bonus Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Paid Professional Membership Fee
IKM Consulting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.