IKM Consulting is an award-winning civil and structural engineering and environmental consultancy, and our roots stem from projects in Development and Industrial Manufacturing. But did you know we are working on projects in Hydrogen, Renewables, & Rail Decarbonisation?
As a part of Global Energy Group Capital (GEG), we’re expanding our networks with offices in Grangemouth and Runcorn.
Our business is growing, and we have exciting opportunities for talented individuals to join, develop and grow with IKM!
We have a proven track record in ecology, nature, conservation & biodiversity and are looking for an enthusiastic individual to further their career and gain more experience in these specialist markets. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging environment where new and unusual projects are the norm.
- Supporting senior staff to manage project deliverables and budgets.
- Preparation and submission of environmental authorisations including registrations, exemptions, licences and permits.
- Liaisons with Clients, Regulators and Stakeholders.
- Site work, including surveying, monitoring, sampling (water, vibration noise), Environmental Clerk of Works supervision and site auditing.
- Preparation of management plans, including Surface Water Management Plans, Construction Environment Management Plans, Site Waste Management Plans, INNS management plans.
- The production of reports and working method statements.
- Preparation and delivery of toolbox talks.
- Liaise with our multidisciplinary teams (Engineering & Surveying) to provide our clients with a fully integrated approach to projects.
- The role may require travel, overnight and/or out of hours work and may require working away from home.
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Degree in Ecology/Environmental Management or a related subject
- Competent with Microsoft Office.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Good verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Working towards or a member of an Environmental professional body, CIEEM, IEMA or equivalent.
- CSCS Card holder (desirable but not essential – training can be supplied if required).
- PTS trained (desirable but not essential – training can be supplied if required).
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
Career Development & Growth
IKM strongly believes in continued learning and career development, and you’ll have the opportunity to continue to pursue your professional interests in technical services or to extend your wings on the IKM Management Path through our bespoke Training & Competency Programme. As an Investor in People Gold business, we are committed to offering our staff enhanced career prospects.
What can we offer
- Signing Bonus
- Flexible work patterns
- Competitive Salary
- IKM Learning & Development Programme
- Option of private healthcare
- Annual Performance Bonus Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Paid Professional Membership Fee
IKM Consulting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.