ikmconsulting IKM Consulting
IKM Consulting are currently looking for a Principal Ecologist & Team Lead to join our growing team. Our continued growth and expanding project portfolio means this is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to further their career and gain valuable experience within infrastructure, industrial & commercial industries. We’re celebrating our 25th Anniversary this year and have ambitious plans for the next twenty-five.
Are you ready to join our fast paced and high performing team?
The successful candidate will:
- Have a proven track record in proven track record in ecology, nature, conservation and biodiversity.
- Provide a leading role in the day-to-day operation and management of the team.
- Plan, resource, implement and manage ecological surveys and assessments.
- Prepare fee proposals; manage projects and budgets.
- Produce high-quality ecological reports and working method statements.
- Prepare protected species licence applications and Species Protection Plans.
- Undertake site work, including field surveying Ecological Clerk of Works / Site Supervision, as and when required.
- Mentor, motivate and encourage the team.
- Liaise with other Discipline Principals and Associate as necessary to manage multi-disciplinary projects within IKM.
- Manage key clients.
- Pursue and develop new work opportunities for IKM.
•PRAGMATIC THINKER •TECHNICAL EXPERTISE •TEAM PLAYER •STRONG LEADER
We’re looking for a candidate with the following experience and qualifications:
- Ten or more years’ experience, preferably in an environmental consultancy, and with a proven record of managing project teams.
- Degree in Ecology or related subject.
- Considerable experience in protected species surveying, Phase 1 habitat surveying and ecological assessment.
- Experience in protected species licence applications.
- In-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, survey techniques, mitigation, and an enthusiasm for keeping up to date with best practice and new technologies.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Be a full or Chartered member of a relevant professional institution e.g. CIEEM
- Please note, this role will require travel, overnight and/or out of hours work
- Protected Species licence holder (Bat licence preferred).
- Experience with HRA, Biodiversity Net Gain.
- Rail network experience.
- GIS knowledge and experience
ABOUT IKM CONSULTING
Our team of environmental specialists offer innovative sustainable solutions, while helping clients to achieve compliance and manage their risk.
IKM is an Investors in People business and is committed to continuous professional development. This is an excellent opportunity to work in an exciting and challenging environment where new and unusual projects are the norm.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Flexible work patterns
- Competitive Salary
- Pension matching to 7%
- Option of private healthcare
- Annual Performance Bonus Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Continued Professional Development
- Paid Professional Membership Fee
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
IKM Consulting are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity