IKM Consulting is an award-winning civil and structural engineering and environmental consultancy, and our roots stem from projects in Oil & Gas, Chemicals and Industrial Manufacturing. But did you know we are working on projects in Hydrogen, Onshore Wind Farm Cabling, Rail Decarbonisation, and also in the water industry?
As a part of Global Energy Group Capital (GEG), we’re expanding our networks with offices in Grangemouth and Runcorn.
Our business is growing, and we have exciting opportunities for talented individuals to join, develop and grow with IKM!
We provide our clients with a complete design and consultancy service developing solutions from feasibility through to detailed design.
We are looking for someone to lead an established small team in delivering predominantly buildings projects. The buildings we design are often industrial in nature and usually have a complexity in their design: these may be blast, fire, toxic gas tight and/or seismic. We have strong technical expertise in-house, and require someone who can manage the delivery process of a building.
While working for IKM the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on and be exposed to some exciting projects and work with some accomplished colleagues, thus developing their own specialist structural technical skills. The successful candidate will be given early responsibility for a workload that is challenging, fast paced and highly variable, including:
- Managing a small team.
- Commercially manage the delivery of a number of projects:
- Programme / delivery
- Financial management and invoicing
- Commercial / contract management
- Liaise with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Lead alternative technical projects such as temporary works, bridge assessment / design, demolition pre-weakening, foundations etc. Technical support would be provided where out with competence area.
- Work with the Business Development and Marketing teams to develop business opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Manage and coordinate of 3rd party suppliers
We’re looking for a candidate with the following experience and qualifications:
- Competent with Microsoft Office.
- Good written and spoken English.
- Good verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Experience / understanding of all stages of the design and construction process.
- Experience working on multi-disciplined projects up to £15M total value.
- Experience in site visits, checking site conditions/resolving problems with contractors.
- Prior experience writing clear and precise technical reports and comfortable presenting findings/recommendations.
- Can work to tight timescales and manage multiple projects at once.
- Experience in line-management and staff mentoring.
What you bring to the role
- You will be BEng, MEng or MSc qualified in Structural Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer with either ICE or IStructE.
- Full UK driving licence and the ability to attend client sites, as required.
Career Development & Growth
IKM strongly believes in continued learning and career development, and you’ll have the opportunity to continue to pursue your professional interests in technical services or to extend your wings on the IKM Management Path through our bespoke Training & Competency Programme. As an Investor in People Gold business, we are committed to offering our staff enhanced career prospects.
What can we offer
- Signing Bonus
- Flexible work patterns
- Competitive Salary
- IKM Learning & Development Programme
- Option of private healthcare
- Annual Performance Bonus Scheme
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Paid Professional Membership Fee
IKM Consulting Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.