As a part of Global Energy Group Capital (GEG), we’re expanding our networks with offices now in both Grangemouth and Runcorn.
Our business is growing, and we have exciting opportunities for talented individuals to join, develop and grow with IKM!
Our ecology roots stem from projects in Rail, Renewables, & Development.
We are looking for an experienced individual to lead our ecology team, developing both team capability and service offering across our expanding sectors and client base.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide a leading role in the day-to-day operation and management of the Ecology team
- Pursue and develop new ecology opportunities for IKM, in line with strategic objectives
- Prepare fee proposals and manage budgets for Ecology team workload.
- Liaise with other Discipline Principals and Associates as necessary to manage multi- disciplinary projects within IKM.
- Coordinate the production of high-quality ecological reports
- Manage the health and safety requirements of the Ecology team
- Manage ecological subcontractors
- Manage key clients.
- Develop technical capability of Ecology team
- Mentor, motivate and encourage the Ecology team.
The candidate we're looking for will have:
- A proven track record in ecology, nature, conservation and biodiversity.
- An in-depth knowledge of ecology, legislation, survey techniques, licensing, mitigation.
- A proven record of bidding and managing projects.
- A proven record of mentoring staff and developing competencies.
- An enthusiasm for keeping up to date with best practice and new technologies.
- Experience developing service offerings and expanding client base.
- Twelve or more years’ experience, preferably in an environmental consultancy.
- Degree in Ecology or a related subject.
- Protected Species licences.
- A full UK driving licence.
- Relevant membership of a professional institution e.g. CIEEM.
- Signing Bonus
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Pension Scheme
- Private Healthcare
- Flexible Work Patterns
- Paid Professional Membership
- Training & Development
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Electric Car Leasing Scheme