ikmconsulting IKM Consulting
IKM Consulting are currently looking for a Civil/Structural Engineer to join our growing team. Our expanding international project portfolio means you’ll have exciting opportunities to work on projects largely within the process, manufacturing & energy industries. We’re celebrating our 25th Anniversary this year and have ambitious plans for the next twenty-five. Are you ready to join our fast paced and high performing team?
IKM provide our clients with a complete design and consultancy service, developing solutions from concept through to detailed design.
The successful candidate will:
- Enjoy the challenge of design and coordination, ensuring that quality standards are adhered to and that designs are value engineered, fit for purpose and are innovative in nature.
- Be happy to attend onsite inspection and assessments of existing structures and assets
- Be ambitious, taking ownership of project delivery regarding:
- Reporting to Senior/Principal Engineer on technical and commercial issues
- Responsibility for developing preliminary and detailed designs, supported senior team members
- Effectively communicate with clients and 3rd party consultants
- Produce design deliverables to high level of quality ensuring that all design work meets with the relevant technical and quality standards.
Be committed to further professional development through IKM’s learning and development programme, supporting your career progression towards Chartered Engineer status
We’re looking for a candidate with the following experience and qualifications:
- You will be BEng, MEng or MSc qualified in Civil or Structural Engineering
- You will have 1+ years’ experience of civil & structural engineering consultancy and be on route to Incorporated or Chartered Status with the ICE or IStructE
- Experience / understanding of all stages of the design and construction process
- Experience of site visits, checking site conditions/resolving problems with contractors
- Prior experience writing clear and precise technical reports and comfortable in presenting findings / recommendations.
- Have the ability to work to tight timescales and manage multiple projects at once.
- Experience working within regulated or high hazard environments on multi-disciplined projects
- Experience in the management and coordination of 3rd party suppliers
ABOUT IKM CONSULTING
IKM’s portfolio in high hazard and regulated industries sets us apart, and our consulting services are built on the long-standing expertise of our teams. You don’t have to take it from us – here’s what our Engineers are saying about IKM’s integrated approach to projects spanning across 25 years in business.
“Being a Project Engineer with IKM has giving me the opportunity to take ownership of the technical, financial and planning aspects of small-to-medium projects from initial discussions with clients through to delivery. This role has allowed be to continue developing my technical engineering abilities however, I am now gaining experience in the financial and planning aspects of project deliveries. Additionally, due to the variety of sectors in which IKM are involved in, every project is different and this great for not only gaining a vast range of experience but for keeping the role interesting and demanding.” – Alan Bain, Project Civil / Structural Engineer.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
IKM Consulting is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Put simply, we are concerned with finding a skilled and well-rounded Senior Geotechnical Engineer to help our growing team and that is the only criteria you will ever be judged against here at IKM.