IKM is a multi-disciplinary consultancy providing a wide range of services across the UK and beyond from our head office in Grangemouth. At IKM, we are proud of our close relationships with our clients. Our main focus is within the industrial, commercial and oil and gas sectors, working in the UK with some projects overseas.
Position Requirements and Responsibilities
The Project: The Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route (AWPR) is a 58 kilometre privately funded road project, from Stonehaven in the south to Tipperty in the north, via Dyce, to the west of Aberdeen. At a number of locations the route crosses pipeline infrastructure operated by our client, requiring the construction of major crossing structures, minor crossing structures, temporary crossings and other works that involve work near or over the pipeline.
The Role: IKM’s Construction Supervisor will support the Project Manager and Engineering Lead to monitor activities at one or various sites to provide assurance to our client that the works undertaken will not result in any detrimental effect to the pipeline. This will be done by providing a full time site presence during construction to ensure that all activities are carried out as per the approved design drawings, method statements, risk assessments, lift plans etc. and that no unscheduled/unsafe works are in progress. Written reports will be completed on a daily basis containing full details of all site activities, and any other pertinent points, including a photographic record of activities. It is highlighted that the Construction Supervisor role is strictly a monitoring role, there will be no jurisdiction to instruct, request or approve any changes to previously approved documentation or working methods.
Qualifications & Experience
- You will have a full clean UK driving licence
- Greater than 10 years’ construction supervision / inspection / civil and structural engineering experience.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
- Ability to carry out a monitoring role without instructing, requesting or approving any changes.
- Ability to adhere to strict Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Assurance procedures.
- Ability to work under own initiative, whilst liaising and coordinating with other team members and reporting to Project Manager on a regular basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively and regularly with clients and contractors, both verbally and in written correspondence and reports.
- Ability to attend site and meetings on behalf of IKM Consulting and our client.
|Salary||Negotiable (circa 28 £/hr depending on experience)|
|Duration||Full time (40-48hrs per week) 5 days per week for approximately 12 months, starting in January 2017. Flexibility for 12hr shifts and weekend working is required.|